[Asterisk-Users] SMP support

Fri Sep 24 23:23:27 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 09:49, Michael Bielicki wrote:
> 64bit it :)
>
> [root at transcode1 root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 5
> model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 244

Any idea to the number of channels your system is capable of handling?
I'm specifically interested in zap <-> sip channels which include
transcoding to something like g.729 codec.

In case anyone else has relative comments, I'm hoping to extract up to
240 simultaneous calls, although am looking at the 2 x Opteron 246
CPU's.

Regards,
Adam