[Asterisk-Users] Move Over Asterisk - Ondo is Here. - Email from Brekeke Announcing their RTP Proxy

SeshKanuri seshkanuri at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 01:47:38 MST 2004

Dear Valued OnDO users,

OnDO PBX v1.3 now supports 100 concurrent calls

Brekeke is excited to announce our new OnDO PBX v1.3
with increased concurrent call capacity that is 4 times
greater than the current release version OnDO PBX v1.2.

--

How did Brekeke increase the capacity by so much?  -- RTP relay

OnDO PBX is well regarded among many users for its ease of use and
administration. But we felt it needed to be spiced up to make our users
and customers even happier. As you may know,
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) is commonly used for transmitting
audio data for VoIP telephony. Until this version of OnDO PBX, all RTP
packets were relayed through OnDO PBX. By minimizing the RTP packet
traffic that go through OnDO PBX, we have succeeded in increasing the
number of concurrent calls.

You may ask how do we achieve this? By adopting DTMF-via-INFO method,
we succeeded in decreasing the number of packets going through the server.
All RTP packets are sent and received directly between SIP UAs,
establishing peer to peer connections between them. Whenever an OnDO PBX
user needs to send commands to forward calls or to put calls on hold, the
information will be carried through SIP packets as INFO messages.
For the phone or in situations where sending DTMF-via-INFO is not possible,
OnDO PBX provides the option to turn "RTP relay" on or off from the OnDO
PBX Admintool.

--

Keep your "Favorites" with OnDO -- Brekeke offers "NO restriction" value to
our customers

Many VoIP products come with a series of strings attached, and the strings
usually cost you more money. Brekeke strives hard to create products that
won't restrict users' choice of phones, operating system platforms, or
hardware
equipment. As a result, we have a wide variety of users that use our
products
with their favorite list of products. With new OnDO PBX v1.3, we reserve the
flexibility and openness of OnDO, yet enhance the possibility of OnDO
products.
OnDO PBX v1.3 is a super-sized version, so to speak.

--

Questions about installing/using OnDO PBX? We know that it's a commitment
on your part to learn about new software, so we'd like to help you! Brekeke

Please post your technical questions in our support forum, and we'll get
back to you as soon as we can. Brekeke Software is committed to offering you
an unmatched level of support.
http://www.brekeke.com/en/support/supportforum_en.html

--

www.brekeke.com

For sales information, please contact us at
sales at brekeke.com

Questions? Comments? Feedback? We'd love to hear from you!
feedback at brekeke.com