[Asterisk-Users] Free G.729 ready for download

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Sep 24 18:33:51 MST 2004

Danny Zak wrote:

>Hello TELUX,
>
>could anybody post something more about being legaly correct using
>this codec and the corresponding "royalty's".

It is very difficult to be legally correct with this. The IP holders
don't have simple programs for selling licences in small quantities. If
you buy licences from Digium, they deal with the IP issues on a larger
volume basis. Unless you want to deploy thousands of copies, I doubt you
can find a sane legal arrangement for doing it.

Regards,
Steve