[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2-NA

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Sep 24 18:14:26 MST 2004

Andres wrote:

> Ryan Wilkins wrote:
>
>> This begs the question, again, that someone else posted originally..
>> what about loading SPA-2000 or PAP2-NA firmware in the PAP2?  If it's
>> the same hardware, there shouldn't be any reason not to try it.
>>

> Thats the first thing I'm going to try when we get our units.  I'll
> get them in a week or two and let you know.

Nope.  The SPA firmware does not load on the PAP2-NA, but the
functionality is identical.  There are 2 things that I immediately
prefer on the PAP2 over the SPA:
1.  Has 1 LED for each line that turns on when the line is registered.
If it cannot register then the LED does not turn on.
2.  It is a better looking device.

--
Andres
Network Admin