[Asterisk-Users] CTI development

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at macp.eti.br
Fri Sep 24 16:04:34 MST 2004

I *think* he meant a PC application that complements an analog phone adding
all features a high end VOIP phone would have and more, allowing someone to
use cheap, but high quality analog POTS phones as extensions, but getting all
the extremely nice features that a high end VOIP phone would have, plus
integration to a desktop application, for example, using the incoming phone
number to lookup a customer's record and show it on the screen, dialing
directly from a customer database, and much more. Sure, this can be done in a
way or another, but on the host where asterisk is running, and not in a very
easy way.

But me, I would just use iaxcomm and add those features to iaxcomm, instead of
messing with the Asterisk code where one could argue such a feature doesn't
belong.

Marcelo