[Asterisk-Users] Call Groups

Lenny Self lenny at bijouxluck.com
Fri Sep 24 14:44:26 MST 2004

Hello.

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the following problem:

When an incoming call comes into to * I would like it to attempt to find
the first extension in a group of extensions that isn't busy and to send
the call to that extension.  Should that extension not be picked up or
if the phone at that extension is on DND I would then like * to send the
call to voice mail rather than attempting to send the call to another
extension in the group.

I've looked around trying to find a solution to this problem but I
haven't found anything that works quite the way I want it to.  I know
you can use Dial(SIP/0&SIP/1&SIP/2,20,Ttr) to dial all three extension
at the same time but this won't work for me.  I also know that I could
set up a dial plan to go from one extension to the next but I only want
the phone to ring a max of 4 to 6 times.  Also, I imagine I could use
call queues but this is supposed to be a Reception phone and that
doesn't seem to fit here.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

 -- Lenny

Lenny Self
lenny at bijouxluck.com