[Asterisk-Users] GSM phones, bluetooth and general happiness

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Fri Sep 24 12:42:57 MST 2004

> As for how BT transmits Audio:
>
> www.bluetooth.org
> www.bluez.org
>
> How Linux utilizes Bluetooth:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=linux+bluetooth
> www.bluez.org
>
> For how to write a channel, I suppose a seasoned linux programmer would
> know by looking at the sources for existing channels.  If I had time,
> I'd look, but the learning curve (coming from a PC environment) would be
> quite steep.

So basically what you want to do is write an Asterisk driver that uses
the BT mobile phone as a device.

The kde-bluetooth project has a kbthandset program, so that you can use
your PC's sound card to talk via the mobile... what we want is remove
the sound-card stuff, insert Asterisk interface... should't be too hard,
but I'm no C programer... Could anyone point me to a Asterisk driver
writitng manual?

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID --> damjan at bagra.net.mk <-- not my mail address!!!