[Asterisk-Users] kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Fri Sep 24 12:42:14 MST 2004

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> I've installed a TDM04B and a TDM40B.  I haven't plugged any lines
> into them yet but I'm starting to see this in my logs...
>
> [root at webster asterisk]# grep alarm /var/log/messages
> Sep 20 09:13:22 webster kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
> Sep 22 11:07:07 webster kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
> Sep 22 16:10:55 webster kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
> Sep 23 02:42:33 webster kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
> Sep 24 03:34:58 webster kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
>

> Should I be worried?  Anyone know what this is?

These are generated by an FXS module. I do not know why, as I and a
number of others see them on a semi regular basis - in my case 6 or so
times a month and very occasionally there will be a burst of four, the
same message but each module in numerical order on a 4 module card.

Given that a number of users see this same message on module 1, I do not
think it is a faulty module. They do not seem to be related to phone
usage, as they occur during times when the office is vacant.

"Ouch, part reset, quickly restoring reality" is another message seen
less frequently.

Regards,

Richard