[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Support Agreements

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Fri Sep 24 11:59:03 MST 2004

info at beprojects.com wrote:
> I think they are mistaken about the $8.  The min Cisco maint contract is
> a category 1 (like you have) and it is $90.  As far as I know, there is
> no way to buy just the software, you have to buy maintenance to get
> software upgrades.
>

> Christopher Jacob wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I am trying to get the Cisco SIP image loaded on my new 7960. The Wiki
>> and
>> several emails in the list archives say the cost is approx. $8.50 per
>> phone
>> per year. The problem I have is the Cisco is giving me part number
>> CON-SNT-PKG1 which costs $90.00. I believe this covers phone support as
>> well.
>> I don't want the phone support, only the software. Does anyone have
>> the part
>> number for software upgrades? (the $8 one referenced on the Wiki)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ~chris

Actually, the cisco part number for that is CON-SNT-CP7940, available as
TechData part # 537632 which is $6.33 cost from TD.  Most authorized
resellers should be able to sell you this for less than $10.

I know this because we are a Cisco reseller, not authorized for that
part though, sorry :(

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com