[Asterisk-Users] Re: outgoing calls, based on caller extension

niles at atheos.net niles at atheos.net
Fri Sep 24 08:27:03 MST 2004

On Sep 24, 2004, at 1:07 AM, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> niles at atheos.net writes:
>
>> exten => 109/_9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice_1)
>> [...]
>> as you can see, I'm wanting 109 to dial out broadvoice_1, [...]
>
> You've got the source and target reversed.  :-)
>
> You want the Caller ID of your local extension 109 to be "109", and
> then you should say:
>
> exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX/109,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice_1)
>
> ...and so forth.  Note that the source specification can also be a
> pattern, in which case it should, like the target, start with "_".
>
> -tih
> --
> Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
> www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145

Fantastic Tom,
This did the trick.
I'm curious if there is a way I can do some kind of balancing if an
outgoing
connection is already being used?
I was thinking about using the System command with a python script to
keep
an inventory of what outgoing connections are being used, and use the
output
from the script to determine which SIP account to make the call from.
If there isn't an easier way, then I'll work into that direction.
Thanks
Niles