[Asterisk-Users] eyebeam

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Sep 23 16:03:08 MST 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 09:08, Peter Svensson wrote:
>
> > We use eyebeam with g.711 alaw without problems. That is, the audio works
> > nicely with asterisk. Video does not (only one way video). Xten is working
> > on it apparently.
>
> Can you detail a little bit, please? Do you have any info from Xten
> regarding the issue?

I have not been in contact with Xten. We are able to get one-way video
through Asterisk. Eyebeam starts out a call with audio only and then adds
video through reinvites. This means that canreinvite must be enabled for
video to work at all. Unfortunatly asterisk confuses the reinvite from the
called party.

> > For now, we use SER to test.
>
> Um, pardon my ignorance, but what is SER?

A (_the_) sip gatekeeper. See the wiki or google. Video works when the two
eyebeams are registered through ser. Even then, we have two problems.

Some computers have "pops" in the audio stream they send out, others
don't. We have found no common cause for the problems. It seems unrelated
to cpu speed (similar cpus), the network (attached the same way to the
same switch, no broken packets, same load), the headsets used (we tried
exchanging them). On computers without the problem the sound is very
_very_ good. Even the speaker phone mode is ok.

The video encoder takes way too much cpu.

Peter