AW: [Asterisk-Users] dial '0' for outside line and get a dialtone...

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 10:30:13 MST 2004

On 17/09/2004 at 12:21 Pawlowski Julian wrote:

>> I'd like to create the following: a user picks up the phone
>> (gets a dial tone), dials '0' for an 'outside' line, gets a
>> second (different?) dialtone, and is able to enter an
>> external phone number.
>
>Klaus-Peter Junghanns has something like this on his page:
>
>http://83.137.99.170/jn/relaunch/asterisk/page19.html
>
>It didn't work for me correctly so I changed a lot to fit it to my
>dialplan. Give it a try for you...
>

>Regards,
>Julian Pawlowski

All seems a little OTT for me, why don't you just have:

exten => 0,1,DISA(no-password,mydialout)

[mydialout]

exten => _XX.,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN})

you could, if you wanted, add an _00X. or _0XXXXXX (depends on local number lengths) to be able to dial straight out...

seems a lot simpler than the macro above... although you aren't getting a different tone...

AIMHO

Andy