[Asterisk-Users] RE: RE: Creating conference calls from within Astman.

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Wed Sep 22 23:03:28 MST 2004

Sorry about my earlier e-mail. (:blush:), should have included the history.

Can this be done from within Gastman?

Warm Regards

Shad

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:10:10 -0300
From: Nicol?s Gudi?o <asternic at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] RE: Creating conference calls from
	within Astman.
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

Hello,

external users from within >a conference room, so that the end users does
not pay for the call.

>I know that within Astman I can define an extension and then
originate the call from that >extension. Can I define a conference room (how
would I configure that on astman? What >channel would it
use?) and then generate a number of calls from within the conference
>room?

I was incorporating this functionality into the Flash Operator Panel.
In the panel I do it by using the Local channel. Suppose that you want to
call the number 555-5555, and your context for dialing out is 'dialout'. You
also have another context 'conferences' with extension number 1000 that
fires up a meetme.

The originate command for astman should look like:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/5555555 at dialout
Exten: 1000
Context: conferences

It will dial the number 5555555 as if it were dialed from the dialout
context and connect the call to Extension 1000 in 'conferences'
context.

This feature is already implemented and working in the next to be released
version of the flash panel (but now it will only dial numbers predefined in
the panel itself). You can get it from http://www.asternic.org

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño