[Asterisk-Users] RE: Creating conference calls from within Astman.

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:10:10 MST 2004

Hello,

external users from within >a conference room, so that the end users
does not pay for the call.

>I know that within Astman I can define an extension and then
originate the call from that >extension. Can I define a conference
room (how would I configure that on astman? What >channel would it
use?) and then generate a number of calls from within the conference
>room?

I was incorporating this functionality into the Flash Operator Panel.
In the panel I do it by using the Local channel. Suppose that you want
to call the number 555-5555, and your context for dialing out is
'dialout'. You also have another context 'conferences' with extension
number 1000 that fires up a meetme.

The originate command for astman should look like:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/5555555 at dialout
Exten: 1000
Context: conferences

It will dial the number 5555555 as if it were dialed from the dialout
context and connect the call to Extension 1000 in 'conferences'
context.

This feature is already implemented and working in the next to be
released version of the flash panel (but now it will only dial numbers
predefined in the panel itself). You can get it from
http://www.asternic.org

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño