[Asterisk-Users] PRI messages while running

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Sep 22 13:25:07 MST 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Joseph wrote:

> This is normal. I had the same question and the answer was, that this is
> a good thing to keep the channels as they should be.
>
> See this comment.
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-January/033709.html

This helps with the situation where asterisk and the other end of the link
disagrees on whether a given channel is in use or not. Asterisk will send
a reset once every hour for every channel it considers not in use.

We apparently have the only piece of equipment where this causes a
problem. The E1 pri card in a Panasonic KD-TD1232 resets _all_ channels
whenever a single B channel is reset. Until we removed the reset all calls
were dropped every hour.

When I have more time I plan to make a patch to selectivly only reset the
B channels when all the B channels on a span are idle.

Peter