[Asterisk-Users] TE405P hardware question

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 12:28:12 MST 2004

Does anyone know which physical interrupt line out of the four on the PCI backplane
the TE405P uses? Or is it somehow configurable by hardware or software?

I'm trying to diagnose a problem where the card generates no interrupts in one
system, but is fine in another system. These systems are SBC-in-backplane type.

My knowledge of how PCI works at the physical layer is rather limited, but I believe
a PCI card connects to one of four lines, INTA/B/C/D, and the PIC on the motherboard
then assigns that to an interrupt number/level. Is that correct?

In the problem system, the BIOS successfully finds the card and assigns it an IRQ
number, which the driver then picks up, but the interrupt count in /proc/interrupts
stays at zero. As I said, the same actual card is fine in another system.

Thanks in advance
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield