[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2-NA

Gary Carr gc_list at carolina.net
Wed Sep 22 10:15:20 MST 2004

This really chaps my hide.  The situation as it's been explained to me
is:  Apparently, too many *consumers* were accidentally buying the
PAP2-NA (unlocked) version and then complaining/returning them to
Linksys b/c they didn't understand that they need a service provider to
be able to place and receive phone calls.  Either the people intended to
buy the Vonage version, or they just didn't realize they needed a
service provider and ended up with a paperweight.  Linksys is pulling
all stock of these units back from the distributors and requiring that
they only be sold to ISPs who have the capability to provide VoIP
service.  If you've already got one, you're lucky....I had my order
confimation but they hadn't shipped yet...My order was cancelled.

I hope to hear more from my vendor later today, I'll let you know what
else I can find out.

Well we're an ISP. Do you know the procedure for ordering them?

Gary