[Asterisk-Users] SIP Clients Dont Clear

Chris J. Sellers csellers at bestconveyors.com
Wed Sep 22 09:16:49 MST 2004

We are using 2 X-Lite Soft Clients, and 1 Avaya 4602 IP phone, the Asterisk
server has an analog port card in it.  The Avaya can support up to 2 call
appearances.  When I call the Avaya from an external phone or another SIP
client, it works fine, I then hang up.  The second time also.  But after
that, all the lines seem to be busy on the Avaya.  When I try to call the
Avaya phone for the third time, it goes straight to voicemail, and I cannot
dial out from the Avaya unless I go and restart the Asterisk server.  I know
there are issues with an analog port card not detecting a hang-up, but I
didn't know this could happen with SIP clients.  Has anyone had this
problem?

Thanks

Chris J. Sellers, MCP

Systems Administrator

Best Diversified Products, Inc.

Please note that the contents of this e-mail and or any attachment(s) are
confidential and intended only for the addressee and no other party may use,
copy distribute or in any way rely upon such contents.  If this e-mail is
received other than by the addressee please notify the sender immediately,
delete the e-mail and do not disclose any of its contents to any other
party.