[Asterisk-Users] Siemens Optipoint 400 and Voice Mail

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Wed Sep 22 09:05:26 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have looked through the wiki guides and also Siemens user guides but
they haven't proven useful.  Nor has the normally trusty googling.  Also
have upgraded to the latest Optipoint 400 Standard SIP firmware.

Having read a few previous threads on the Optipoint it seems that there
isn't much take up with Asterisk.  Which seems a shame as my experience
with testing it has been pretty good. Build quality is excellent and the
interface seems quite user friendly.  Although the phone is pricey.

HOWEVER the only problem I am having when doing interop testing is voice
mail pickup / indication doesn't appear to work.

Config:

Message Waiting IP address or DNS name: <asterisk ip>
Voicemail number: 8500

*8500 = voicemenu extension.

I'm guessing that the phone just doesn't support the voice mail
indication protocol that Asterisk uses.

Can anyone confirm this for me or better yet tell me where I am going
wrong.

Thanks for any help as I have limited time to chose a SIP hardphone to
use in a small office phone system I am helping to install and this will
be my first time using Asterisk PBX so am definitely to be considered a
newbie.

cheers

Alex

(I also have a few Pingtel hardphones, Grandstream Budgetone 100, Snom
100 somewhere and a broken Cisco 7960)

|Alex Barnes
|SQA Engineer
<http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/>

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination,
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this
communication shall be legally binding.

Dear Friends of Ubiquity Software:

As you may have noticed, Ubiquity Software began using the web domain ubiquity.com earlier this year in addition to the previously established ubiquity.net for our website and email communications to you.  However, since that time, a dispute has emerged with respect to actual ownership of the ubiquity.com domain.

As an international software company founded over decade ago, you can always reach Ubiquity Software under the website www.ubiquity.net <http://www.ubiquity.net/>  and via email at @ubiquity.net.  However, we have also chosen to expand our domain to the more specific www.ubiquitysoftware.com <http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/>  for web and @ubiquitysoftware.com for email communications.

Please use either the historical ubiquity.net or begin to use the new ubiquitysoftware.com domain for all email communications to Ubiquity employees from now on.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ubiquity Software
www.ubiquitysoftware.com <http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/>