[Asterisk-Users] OT: Hardware solutions to tie two offices together

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Wed Sep 22 06:31:20 MST 2004

Henry Devito wrote:
> What type of phone systems do you have in either office?  I have done
> different applications for my customers in the past that wanted the same
> type of service.  Basically if you are just using co ports this would be a
> tie line service.  There may be a better solution though.

I'd rather not link to the phone systems in such a way that they
couldn't later upgrade them without upgrading the voip connection.

One office is an old Nitsuko 124i(??), I'm not sure what the other one is.

For the service I'd like to deliver, we shouldn't need more than
CallerID and DID/DNIS/called number delivery. Even if both of those were
not feasable, or not currently supported by their phone systems, it
would be ok. We just would like to take advantage of the two existing
SHDSL pipes.

Currently there is 100-500/month spend in ld/tollfree between the two
offices.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/