[Asterisk-Users] OT: Hardware solutions to tie two offices together

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Wed Sep 22 06:08:34 MST 2004

Good <fill in local time of day>

I'm looking for a piece of hardware that we can place in two offices
that have decent bandwidth, but are in two different US states.

There are phone systems on both sides, that have extra CO analog line
ports that I'd like to connect through. One side has an IVR, the other
side does not use one during office hours.

The best configuration would allow callers from either office to be able
to dial an extension for the other office and have it ring through to
their desk.

If the device could just hotline to the other side when picked up, that
would be acceptable as well.

I would prefer that there be no other intermediary involved in call setup.

I have a SPA-2000 at home, but I couldn't find anything in the setup for
doing this. If anyone believes that the SPA can do this, please provide
me with configuration info.

Thanks.

--
Andrew Thompson