[Asterisk-Users] Help: global (India/US) connection too expansive

Ofer Dagan odagan at excite.com
Wed Sep 22 05:27:29 MST 2004

I am trying to set up VOIP link between India and US using *.  I talked to 2 small carrier and they both suggested me to go with a very expansive ($15,000 a month) dedicated point to point solution which i can not effort. They said that this is the only way to guarantee the quality of service. Is it?

Does anyone know about a better less expansive solution?

Is there any company out there that can give me a guarantee  QOS without using dedicated point to point (i.e what if we go a dedicated T1 connection to the Internet in both in USA and India using the same provider. can they provide a guaranteed QOS that will be good enough? anyone has experience doing it?

One more option is to use a service such as Vontage but i wanted to get a way from the per call cost.

Thanks for your help,

Mike