[Asterisk-Users] No Echo Cancellation with echocancel=yes

Florian Bartels Florian.Bartels at envisage.de
Wed Sep 22 04:52:47 MST 2004

hi,

i've got big problems with the Echo Cancellation of Asterisk. Entering "zap show channel 1" (while telephoning / making a call) gets me this line:
"Echo Cancellation: 128 taps, currently OFF"
And there's a heavy echo noticeable.
When I'am called, Echo Cancellation is enabled, and there's no echo noticeable!

This is my setup:
ISDN(DECT)-Telephone <--> Asterisk <--> SIP2PSTN-Gateway

I'm using the most recent bristuff-version (1.0rc04a); this is my zapata.conf:

[channels]
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=bri_net_ptmp
pridialplan=local
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
immediate=no
overlapdial=yes
group=1
context=default
channel=>1-2

Would be very nice if someone is able to show me how to enable Echo Cancellation (when making calls)!

Thanks in advance,
Sion