[Asterisk-Users] Status of conference calls at Astricon ?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Sep 22 02:36:21 MST 2004

Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:

> so, bring on and demostrate to the world
> what asterisk can do!

I have packed all the necessary gear to stream the Developers Meeting on
Friday.  I am looking for people with Big Pipe(tm) to get crazy and link
multiple Asterisk MeetMe's together.  Lets see how much Pipe she can take.

; normal usage until it is abused with MOH!
IAX2/asterisk at switch-1.nufone.net/4569

; if you plan to link in your own MeetMe use this
IAX2/asterisk at switch-1.nufone.net/4569|qm  ; Monitor only and be quiet!

Then to truly experience Asterisk's power, join the same conference...

...Using SIP: 4569 at switch-1.nufone.net

...and using H.323: 4569 at switch-1.nufone.net

However, you can also call 877-677-9648 using room number 4569 to get
into the same conference, if you are not 'leet enough to have any VoIP
skills.

Feel free to abuse the system as necessary. My thugs are ready to break
knee caps if someone starts playing games.

There have been a few different ideas thrown around on how to integrate
the participants in the MeetMe to the developers meeting,  I will
discuss this with others when the time is appropriate. Hopefully we will
be able to take questions from the MeetMe, so start pondering some good
questions.

If the powers that be let me stream more content to the MeetMe, I will.
So you better hang out in the conf all day, what else do you have to do,
work?

A few random numbers to call:

Twisted has lit up 866-251-9527 to do various crazy things, feel free to
call him, any time.  :)

Then 866-498-4988 and 248-724-1710 are routed to my mobile Asterisk box,
if it has 'net access. Be prepared to deal with IVRs to find a human.

Then, if you are really bored you can call 877-966-6673, but don't
expect to talk to a human and you will most likely hangup in disgust, so
maybe you shouldn't call this one.

Give us a few hours and we will think of some more crazy things to do.

Jeremy McNamara

p.s. So, I left out MGCP and SCCP, sue me, my legal department is bored