[Asterisk-Users] iax2 notransfer=yes ignored

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Sep 21 18:42:36 MST 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 19:46, jay wilton wrote:
> I have been getting outbound nufone calls dropped
> after about 70 seconds.  CLI shows "Attempting native
> bridge of IAX2".  I have put "notransfer=yes" in
> iax.conf in the main section and all identifier
> sections.

After 70 seconds?  Upgrade from RC1.

Native bridging has nothing to do with transfer.  All native bridge means is
that it doesn't have to do anything to the audio stream (transcode) so it
just passes the packets on.  Transfers involve console messages to the effect
of "attempting ot transfer..."  and "releasing Tech/channel and
Tech/channel".

-A.