[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk , ISA Firewall/VPN , STUN and other issues

Shawn Dillon shawn at crsretailpro.com
Tue Sep 21 14:38:58 MST 2004

I have just finished compiling and installing Asterisk on a test Debian
system. All is working well. We are now attempting to get remote offices
to test the system I have installed both a SIP and an IAX client at a
remote office. Then I connect to our office via Microsoft ISA firewall
and the Windows XP VPN client. Neither of the softphones will connect.
On the IAX softphone I just get a ringtone , on the SIP client nothing.
The Debian machine has two NIC's , one with a static external IP and one
with an internal IP. Our remote offices are behind a mixture of
firewalls.

I have some questions with regards to our testing and setup.

1)       Is there a way to get the SIP/IAX client to work via the VPN?
This would be the easiest way.

2)       If not can I install a STUN server on the same machine as the *
server? Can it use the same internal and external IP's as the * server?

3)       Is there a hardphone that supports VPN that has been tested?

4)       What is the best hardphone to use with Asterisk?

Thanks for the input

Shawn Dillon