[Asterisk-Users] Zyxel P2000W or WiSIP with asterisk?

Philip Jander asterisk at janso.de
Tue Sep 21 10:20:07 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Zyxel P2000W (reportedly also sold as WiSIP by Pulver)
to work with an asterisk box.
The phone connects nicely to an external VoIP company (sipgate.de
reportedly using asterisk themselves) but there is a strange problem with
my asterisk:

- Incoming calls via ISDN (chan_capi) to the Zyxel work perfectly.
- Outgoing calls (capi/sip/iax) via asterisk are dialling out but the Zyxel
never notes that the other end picked up the call. It just keeps playing a
ringtone. Of course, no sound is going either way in that case. Quitting
the call on the Zyxel does hang up the outgoing line, hanging up on the
other end does not impress the zyxel at all, it just keeps ringing...
- Outgoing calls to the voicemail system do not forward sound (but there is
no ringtone audible)
- Incoming calls to the zyxel via xlite and iaxphone do not make it due to
"400 Bad Request". This might be a secondary problem not related to the
original but it is still strange.
- While trying to make an outgoing call, the zyxel repeatedly sends CANCEL
messages to asterisk which is strange imho.

And of course:
- there is no NAT involved. Just a standard LAN.
- I have tried about any possible combination of settings for the Zyxel and
sip.conf, including those listed an voip-info.org
- Everything works nicely with a sip softphone (xlite)
- Judging from google, there seem to be other people with the same problem,
no solution found.
- I have tried firmwares 00.0e and 00.0f (latest) and asterisk RC1, RC2 and
current CVS. Same problems all the time.

Since there seem to be a number of people actually using this phone with
asterisk, I would be really happy about any working config examples
(including asterisk + firmware versions).

If anybody has actually encountered and solved this problem, please respond :)

If anyone would like to have a look at the sip debug, pls pm me, I will be
happy to provide those ;)

Thanks,
Phil