[Asterisk-Users] Sanity Check --Zapras With T-1

John Millican john at millican.us
Tue Sep 21 10:15:36 MST 2004

Hello All,
I am planning on setting up an * server for a customer and was hoping to get
a sanity check on my Plan.  What I am trying to accomplish is a * voice and
16 data channel T-1 connection (ESF/B8ZS). I am planning on using a 2.8 ghz
P4, 1gig ram, on an Abit AS* Mobo, probably 3Com 10/100nic, T100p, 2 X
TDm4xxp(4 ports FXS).  Does this sound like a reasonable configuration.
Call levels will be light with generally not more that two or three calls at
any given time.  I could talk customer into using only 1 TDM4xxp since he
does not need all 8 FXS. Knowing him he will first want all 8 but...   I am
then going to pull 16 (1024kbps) channel off of T-1 for data through ZapRas.
Am I crazy or will this work.  From what i have read it should work very
well at least if i go with the X100p and one TDM card, not sure about 2 TDM
and X100p in the same machine.

Thank you in advance for any help.
John Millican
---