[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail forward to a remote server?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Sep 21 08:51:05 MST 2004

Just have the two * servers login to eachother via IAX, then in your
extensions plan where you normally have:

 exten => 8899,1,Dial(SIP/8899,15,tr)
 exten => 8899,2,Voicemail(u8899 at context)

change it to

 exten => 8899,1,Dial(SIP/8899,15,tr)
 exten => 8899,2,Dial(IAX2/<servername>/<extension>)

We have two * servers setup, #1 as main and #2 as pure MeetMe. We use the
above IAX2 dial command to forward all calls on a paticular number to the
other server. Works great.

Matthew