[Asterisk-Users] RC1 still broken with Cisco 7960?

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Tue Sep 21 07:41:54 MST 2004

After downloading the latest CVS head and testing it with the Cisco 7960
(SIP v7.2), it appears that it's still necessary to patch rtp.c to avoid
audio dropouts.

I'm quite sure my gateway provider is running an older version of
Asterisk, and I suppose that this may be the root cause. But I mention
the issue here because it seems like it would be a mistake to ship
Asterisk 1.0 if it doesn't work properly with Cisco phones (as there are
undoubtedly a lot of them out there).

-brian