[Asterisk-Users] Question/Future Request for Call Queues

Paul van Brouwershaven paul at vanbrouwershaven.com
Tue Sep 21 06:28:12 MST 2004

I have some quetions/ideas for the Asterisk Call Queues system.

System information:
- Fedora Core 1
- Kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
- Asterisk CVS-HEAD-09/08/04-17:43:15

1.> I sould like it that if a user is in the que and the expected wait
time is longer then xxx seconds or there are more then xxx callers. That
there is played a sound from directory xxx with some product information
(advertisement)

2.> You can specify a member sequence with an agument on the memeber
function like this:

member => SIP/user,1 ;(ringing with first attempt)
member => SIP/someuser,2 ;(ringing with first attempt)
member => SIP/otheruser,3 ;(ringing with first attempt)
member => SIP/someotheruser,3 ;(ringing with first attempt)

But this sequence is not working as I aspected. I aspected that it's
working like:

member => SIP/user,1 ;(ringing with first attempt)
member => SIP/someuser,2 ;(ringing with second attempt)
member => SIP/otheruser,3 ;(ringing with third attempt)
member => SIP/someotheruser,3 ;(ringing with third attempt)

My strategy is currently set on ringall, beceuse the other options does
not specify the option I like to have.

Regards,

Paul