[Asterisk-Users] Problems compiling CAPI module

asterisk at bortal.de asterisk at bortal.de
Tue Sep 21 05:36:38 MST 2004

> Hello all,
>
> I a'm having a lot of troubles compiling the CAPI driver for mi AVM
> card,  model C2 with two ports.
>
> I´m using Debian stable with kernel 2.4.18 (bf24), but i can't compile
> this driver.
>
> I just followed the steps from
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+How+to+connect+with+CAPI
>
> and there we can read that is necesary to select [*]CAPI2.0 filesystem
> support, but in my kernel, doing make menuconfig.
>
> I can`t select this option, this option it is not present on my kernel
> 2.4.18

Enable experimental at the top of your configuration file. Its explained
at onthe wiki page.

> <M> CAPI2.0 support
> [*] Verbose reason code reporting (Kernel size +=7K)
> [*] CAPI2.0 Middleware support (EXPERIMENTAL)
> <M> CAPI2.0 /dev/capi support
> [*] CAPI2.0 filesystem support
> <M> CAPI2.0 capidrv interface support
>
> The next thing i tried to do, is to compile the package chan_capi, but
> it  fails too.
> a lot of errors apears when i do make,
>
> debian-asterisk:/home/ismaelg/chan_capi-0.3.5# make
> gcc -pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g
> -I/usr/src/aster
> isk      -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -march=i686  -DCAPI_ES
> -DCAPI_GAIN  -DCAP
> I_SYNC -DUNSTABLE_CVS -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-missing-declarations
>  -DCRYPTO
>   -c -o chan_capi.o chan_capi.c
> chan_capi.c:23: asterisk/features.h: No such file or directory
> chan_capi.c:24: asterisk/utils.h: No such file or directory

Have you installed the asterisk sources? Or the devel package?

I am running debian, too.
I used my own 2.6 vanilla kernel, upgraded to unstable and used the cvs
asterisk release.Just make sure you have your kernel links set correctly and you should get
it up and running fairly easily.
Mario