[Asterisk-Users] panasonic KX-TD1232

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Sep 21 00:32:34 MST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, el Flynn wrote:

> PSTN -> Panasonic -> Asterisk
>
> I realize that you'd have to do some programming on the TD1232 to
> emulate DID or something like that, but it just goes to show how
> flexible Asterisk is.
>
> So you could hook up a 4-port FXO card from Digium, and program the
> TD1232 to treat those four "extensions" as one "number" I suppose.
> Haven't had time to look at the KX-TD1232 Programmator application to
> see if this really would work, but theoretically yes I guess.

To get caller id on the analog extension ports of the kx-td1232 you need
extra modules and you can not get did information at all. That information
is available on the SDMR port so one could write a program that receives
the data and passes it to asterisk.

Another option would be to use E&M tie lines. I think the kx-td1232
supports doing more advanced stuff with that interface.

Doing it via isdn was a lot easier though. :-)

Peter