[Asterisk-Users] Update: Welltech Wellgate 3504A registration problem

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Tue Sep 21 00:07:00 MST 2004

> essentially, by not keeping to the same Call-ID or tag, asterisk has
> no way of matching the wellgate's register with the past proxy auth
> packet (and thus the hashed md5 token).

I've just gotten the box to register all 4-ports with an external SIP
provider. The provider is running an old release of Broadsoft backend.
Seems like Broadsoft supports this strange way of authentication.

> this has been reported to WellTech, but we've yet to get a response
> from them.

They just sent me a new version of the 107a firmware. Have yet to check
what's the difference from my running one.

> i've fashioned a patch which solves this behaviour and it works fine
> under asterisk 0.9.0 on freebsd and 1.0-RC1 on linux.
>
> i've got the patches for 0.9.0 and 1.0-RC1, and will be glad to email
> them if anyone wants them. the patch adds a new option under
> [general], 'usenonce'. if usenonce=yes (default is no, normal asterisk
> behaviour), then asterisk will use the nonce tag as sent by the
> wellgate to double check it's credentials and let it thru. this allows
> all 4 ports on the 3504A to be registered with a password.

Any other gateways with the same problem?