[Asterisk-Users] SetGroup Limitation!!!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Mon Sep 20 15:49:07 MST 2004

Daniel Niasoff wrote:

> The complication is that one call can't be in two groups so I have got no
> way of setting busy status on both the calling and called party.

Yes, a channel (not a call) can be in two groups, the trick is that they
have to be in different categories. So you can do:

exten => 1000,1,SetGroup(${CALLERIDNUM}@outgoing)
exten => 1000,2,SetGroup(${EXTEN}@incoming)

This makes this particular channel be in both of these groups. However,
you will not be able to use GetGroup() to do your limit checking (unlike
what the wiki page says, I should rewrite that page one of these days),
you must use GetGroupCount, specifying the exact groups you want to
check, and then branching based on the GROUPCOUNT variable with GotoIf.

We have this working here just fine, it allows us to have intra-PBX
calls handled differently than inter-PBX calls.