[Asterisk-Users] 1 extension entry for multiple purposes?

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Mon Sep 20 15:40:06 MST 2004

My solution assumes you are capturing the caller ID of internal users
and redirecting them to the password prompt to save time and effort.
All internal call recipients should see the correct info (name and
extension).  For an external call, you may need to set that info for
your BRI/PRI. Whatever you are using...  For me, it is set by the phone
company since I am using POTS lines.  If you are using BRI or PRI, there
is info on the wiki about it and how you can send the correct caller ID
to an external recipient.
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20SetCallerI

This gave a lot of results at google:  site:lists.digium.com PRI
CallerID