[Asterisk-Users] Question about the 'fax' extension

Marc Storck mstorck at luxadmin.org
Mon Sep 20 14:51:19 MST 2004

If you use extension dedicated to fax, then you don't need to use the
fax extenstion, but just call the rxfax application directly as you
would call the answer application

exten => 123456,1,rxfax(.......)

But of course you may just use different fax extensions for different
contexts.

Regards,

Marc

paul at freestylenetworks.com wrote:

>  I was looking at the wiki on 'Asterisk as a voice/fax switch'
> And was wondering if the extension 'fax' is global to extensions.conf
> Or just to the context it is in?
>
> The reason I ask, is that my PRI might have 5 channels that will be
> scrictly
> Fax, and to be functional, I need multiple 'fax' extensions in my
> various
> Contexts.
>
> Hope that makes sense,
>

> Paul Seniuk

CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at luxadmin.org
Internet Service Provider      http://www.luxadmin.org
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4544 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060