[Asterisk-Users] Nortel/Bell Canada Vista-350 ADSI

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Sep 20 13:51:49 MST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 16:35, Matt G wrote:
> This leads me to believe that I have an incorrect Security Code for the
> telephone. I realize that
> Bell Canada will almost definately NOT give me the security code so I
> can use my phone properly.

You did the time/date hack and totally reset the unit?  IIRC there were
several "levels" of reset.  You might also want to try opening up the unit
and pulling the battery out to completely drain any NVRAM.

Perhaps I was just lucky but I had no trouble clearing out my PT390 and also
490, and I know for certain that the 490 was locked.  I can use slot 2 (the
auto-starting one).

My adsi.conf:

DESCRIPTION "Asterisk PBX"              ; Name of vendor
VERSION 0x02                            ; Version of stuff
SECURITY 0x0000                         ; Security code
FDN 0x0000000f                          ; Descriptor number

-A.