[Asterisk-Users] Playing GSM files

Jeff Roberts listbox at adamsbrothers.com
Mon Sep 20 11:46:09 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 08:39, Jeff Roberts wrote:
>

>>Brian wrote:
>>

>>>Apple Quicktime will play gsm files iirc.

>>What do you guys use under linux to play gsm or wav49's?  We have an
>>environment that is all linux based terminals and I haven't found a
>>player that will handle anything but the uncompressed wavs and work on
>>the terminal using esd or nasd.
>>

>sox gsmfile.gsm -sw -t wav - |esdcat
>
>What was wrong with your man(1) command?

I should have been a little clearer.  Its not me wanting to play the
files, it would be the users, who don't have command line access.  They
also need the ff rw stop pause etc buttons.  They'd be using the app to
play voicemails out of their email, or vmail.cgi.  It works fine off a
windows box, but I have yet to come with anything that will play wav49
or gsm on a terminal with a gui.  I did get mplayer to play a wav49 from
the command line, but was never able to get the mplayer gui work on an
ltsp terminal.