[Asterisk-Users] Unable to request channel Zap/r1/...

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Mon Sep 20 09:11:40 MST 2004

Hi!

At the moment I am trying to use Asterisks /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
folder to dial larger amounts of calls at specific times to realise a
wakeup call/reminder solution.

The problem is that when I dump more .call files in the spool directory
the free lines I get many "Unable to request channel Zap/r1/number"
messages and the calls fail.

The strange thing is that even if I put lets say 30 .call files in the
spool folder my E1 with all channels in onw group has only 15-20 active
channels and the rest of the calls fail.

I thought I could dump (just an example) 1000 .call files in the spool
folder and Asterisk would take as much of them as it can handle.
Obviously this is not the case.

Does anyone of you have a clue how I could handle this? Can I qeue the
calls somehow?

Any help is highly appreciated

Christian