[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 76XX - How to ignore a call (silence ring)

Shawn Kelley shawn at accenttek.com
Mon Sep 20 07:17:25 MST 2004

I am preparing to setup a system using Cisco 7940 and 7960's I have the
7.1 SIP firmware on them.
One issue I have run into is how to silence the ringer if a call comes
in and you don't want to take it.
Many phones have a DND button. I know the 79XX has the DND in the menu
but it is to cumbersome to go into the settings then phone preferences
then the DND and select yes.
Is there any other way this can be achieved to silence the ringer if a
call comes in and the person doesn't want to take it?

Thanks!
--Shawn