[Asterisk-Users] Re: X100p on VIA EPIA-V

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Sun Sep 19 18:25:33 MST 2004

I believe the problem being refered to is described below, which affects
VIA chipsets made between 1997-2002. The VT8233 used in the Mini-ITX is
on the 'hit list'. I understand there was a patch to the linux kernel
which was supposed to have been merged into kernel 2.4.25 to address
this issue. Personally, I've not encountered serious problems with the
Mini-ITX. I suppose not running X helps reduce the likelihood of a bus
mastering problem.

http://adsl.cutw.net/dlink-dsl200-via.html