[Asterisk-Users] Configuration on MySQL or not

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sun Sep 19 16:06:56 MST 2004

Depends. Do you have daily (sometimes hourly) configuration changes to your
*.conf files? I do. Therefor for me its better for the conf files to be
stored in database. I've even rewritten some of the * code to pull
information out dynamically instead of having to reload each time.

If most of your configuration will be static, it might not be worth the
trouble and overhead of installing and maintaining and reprogramming
asterisk to work better with mysql.

My $0.02
Matthew