[Asterisk-Users] First time asterisk installation problem

Ola Lidholm olal at plea.se
Sun Sep 19 10:14:34 MST 2004

OL> Hi all,

OL> I am trying to install asterisk on my system, the compiplation and
OL> installation process all seem to work fine (make ; make install ; make
OL> samples).
OL> But astersik fails to start. Is the sample configs not supposed to
OL> work out of the box?
OL> Even more confusing, it seems to fail at different points every time I
OL> start it, but this is probobly because of threads starting differently
OL> or something?
OL> I can't really figure out exactly what it is that makes it fail, if
OL> anyone can give me a clue I would appreciate it.
OL> Startup log follows below.

OL> /Ola

[See orignal post for log]

An update on my progress... I have started to look at the source to
see why asterisk fails to start, and so far my conclusion is that the
asterisk process gets a SIGINT signal sent to it from some process.
Is this normal behaviour if something fails in the startup process?

/Ola