[Asterisk-Users] openh323 compile for Asterisk

Trevor Morrison demo at hailix.com
Sun Sep 19 07:12:35 MST 2004

HI,

I have the latest RC2 of Asterisk on a RH 9 non-modified-load box.  I have
an Avaya IP phone that uses h323, so I am trying to compile h323 into
Asterisk.  Now, I downloaded pwlib and openh323 tar files and I have
compiled this according to the instructions:

pwlib:
./configure
make opt

openh323:
./configure
make opt

cd asterisk/channels/h323
make

cd asterisk
make clean
make install

I am getting an error when I start asterisk with the -cccg that it can't
find the  libpt_linux_x86_r.so.1.5.2 when it tries to load the h323 channel.
I have verified that the file does exists in the he pwlib/lib directory and
with a size.  I have the path to this directory in my profiles PATH and I
included the path in my ld.so.conf file.  I am missing something but what?

TIA,

Trevor