[Asterisk-Users] Agents and Queues

Austin M. Brower asterisk at bobman.net
Sun Sep 19 06:40:19 MST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:09:49AM -0500, Paul Traue, Jr. wrote:
> I've just installed asterisk as a new phone system for our office but am
> having difficulty with the queues.  Specifically I need a way to
> redirect our sales queue to voicemail when no one is logged in to the
> queue.  I see I can use the joinonempty=no setting, however this setting
> doesn't work if you use the agent functionality (at least not with
> AgentCallbackLogin).  I could, of course use the
> AddQueueMember/RemoveQueueMember, however my experience with our version
> (as well as several previous versions) is once an extension is ringing,
> it will continue ringing that same extension forever (tried for 5-10
> minutes).
>
> Can anyone think of a way to accomplish what I want without using the
> Queue timeout parameter (when someone's logged in and taking phone
> calls, calls need to stay in the queue)?
<CLEANUP>
> Paul

Paul,
	I have run into the same problem.  The easiest way to fix it
would be to not use Agents anymore, as when they are members of a queue
there is no way for app_queue to see if they are logged in or not
(leading to the problem we're having).
	However, this bug:
	http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001693
may provide the tools we need to work around this problem, namely, not
putting Agents statically into queues.conf, but adding them dynamically
using AddQueueMember when they log on.

Austin