[Asterisk-Users] Timing source on SMP system

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Sat Sep 18 20:23:54 MST 2004

I need a timing device for the DL360G2 for conferencing and meetme. For
a timing device I have 2 X100P cards but neither will work in my
DL360G2. The system will not even boot with either card in the system.
Other PCI cards seems to work fine. I called Digium support and was told
that there must be a conflict between the card and my Compaq DL360G2.

I then moved on to ztdummy. I'm sure the DL360 G2 has a OHBI rather than
UHBI controller. That said, I got this message during modprobe ztdummy:

[root at impbx01 zaptel]# modprobe ztdummy

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: init_module: No
such device

Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o failed

/lib/modules/2.4.20-6smp/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o: insmod ztdummy
failed

I then moved on to zaprtc. However, I was told that this solution will
not work with SMP systems. My DL360G2 is a dual proc machine.

I'm running out of options here...please advise.

Thanks,

Chad M. Brown
Infrastructure Architect

identity mine, inc. - http://www.identitymine.com