[Asterisk-Users] IP Intercom's

James H. Thompson jht at lj.net
Sat Sep 18 14:32:37 MST 2004

There are several ways to approach this:
* modify an existing SIP phone with Auto-answer (Grandstream for example) to interface with a loud
speaker
* use a SIP client (Asterisk for example) on a small PC and interface the sound card to a
loudspeaker
* use a traditional overhead paging/intercom hardware and interface to it via the sound card  or via
an FXS port.
* use an analog auto answer door phone with an FXS interface

Check these wiki pages for starting points:
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Paging+and+Intercom
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+door

Jim

James H. Thompson