[Asterisk-Users] NEWBIE - No Audio on ISDN BRI (Teles PCI)

Pestana Networks, Inc. listas at pestana.com.br
Sat Sep 18 13:23:30 MST 2004

Hello, folks! This is my first post here.

I installed Asterisk from scratch and after reading a lot of information on
voip-info and this mailing list I was able to get started.

I can make sip-to-sip calls (just on a basic extentions structure, let's say
for beginners) but now I'm trying to make this system works with my Teles
ISDN BRI PCI card.

I can make and receive calls through X-Ten Pro software. Calls are routed
through Asterisk to/from X-Ten client but here's my real problem: NO AUDIO
AT ALL! I can't hear anything, nor can the other party.

Does anyone here now anything about it? Am I doing anything wrong?

I'm new to ISDN under Linux, but I think it's ok since the calls are
corectly routed and I can see info on isdnlog. I also tested my card on
minicom, as suggested on voip-info.

One more question: can I route SIP calls to a ISDN (digital) phone connected
on the same bus? How do I set the TEI on which the call should be answered,
in case it's possible?

By the way, I never used this ISDN card to place/receive calls or connect to
an ISP on Linux, but I already received/transmited faxes on Windows 2000 SP4
before installing Asterisk.

Thank you so much in advance and I appologize if these questions have
already been answered somewhere. I just need some guidance.

Take care,

[ Dhennys  Pestana ]
[ +55(21)9339-3737 ]

Linux: SuSE 8.2 2.4.20-4GB
Asterisk: 1.0 RC1 (from tarball)
ISDN BRI: lspci shows "Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537", but I know for
sure it's actually a "Teles PCI" cause I bought it on a sealed box