[Asterisk-Users] Zap: busydetect & busycount

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:05:37 MST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:16:38 -0500, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> 1) No and I cannot imagine any reason that this would be useful.
> Busydetect is ONLY for outgoing calls.

I think there's some misunderstanding here...

Well, I have my SIP calls forwarded to my home (through X100P) when
I'm not at work. And, sometimes, I dial in and use DISA. When I first
dialed in, the line remained in use forever after I disconnected. So I
set up busydetect. But, whenever I dial out using the FXO, as soon as
the SIP or IAX channels is disconnected, asterisk knows that there is
no reason to maintain the ZAP channel in use, so it disconnects the
ZAP channel as well.

But, I'm having ZAP disconnections in some of the forwarded calls, and
I know the SIP or IAX channel is still up because I set up some sort
of auto-redialing in the dialplan (I tested, and it's working).

So, I would like to set the busydetect only for incoming calls from
PSTN. For outgoing, the caller will eventually hangup, and the ZAP
channel will be released.

Thanks,
Marconi.